Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
updates

2207 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-11 00:50:58

•   Level 4   
    (144) points
    autocare9
    2017-10-09 17:51:01
     Hi i have a maxisys pro that is out off date can any one tell me if its worth updating or not, i would also like to ask because i purchased it direct from china it will change the language back to Chinese and i will be stuck with that. 

Thanks Mike

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-10-10 03:30:23 (Reply to:autocare9)

I wouldn't buy a "used" MaxiSys Pro from China unless I lived in China, personally knew the seller as a good friend and he let  demo it for a couple weeks before giving him like $700 so I could at least have a working J-box for programming stuff off laptop if the Diagnostic software quits out of update period with no way to create a working backup software. , LOL. I assume you bought one locally that was once bought new from Mainland Chinese Dealer that you are worried about the update being in Chinese, It depends on what language it's in now
      IMO, The $1200 update price is not worth admission  unless you pretty much specialize in BMW, Mercedes, and VW, Audi and do a considerable amount of flashing to the makes. It's too bad you can't opt to update the car software for $700 as a regular MaxiSys  if you do not program BMW, Mercedes , and VW makes very often, but still could use the J-box when needed off laptop for other makes with a purchased OE sub. 

•   Level 4   
    (144) points
    autocare9
    2017-10-10 11:22:10 (Reply to:witsend)
     Hi and thank for your reply, I did not purchase my maxisys pro secondhand,  It was new with one year updates included and in English.
    I live in the uk and had no problems with the updates but no have run out, my question was you who have been up to date with the software is it any good or not.
    and also i would like to mention that because i purchased it form china its region is USA so i can only update from USA website so I've been told from autel. I have also been told story's from parts suppler that if i do a update it will change the language bank to Chinese and it will not go back to English. my be autel would like to comment on this.

Thanks Mike

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-10-11 00:50:58 (Reply to:autocare9)

If the authorized language is English  there is no way to go back to Chinese unless you ask Autel to authorize the software back to Chinese language. 
  Total1 Pages